Terms of Service
Last Updated April 26, 2021
These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement made between you, whether personally or on behalf of an entity (“you”) and UnfairCopy LLC (“Company“, “we”, “us”, “our”, “writer“, “copywriter“), concerning the use of our writing services.
You agree that by commissioning UnfairCopy LLC’s writing services, you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by all of these Terms of Service.
Table of Contents
- What You Can Expect From Us
- What We Expect From You
- Revisions Policy
- Feedback Policy
- Intellectual Property Rights
- 21-Day Satisfaction Guarantee Policy
- Cancellation Policy
- Liability, Release and Indemnity
1. What You Can Expect From Us
As your copywriter, we agree:
- We have the experience and ability to carry out the writing services you commission with us.
- We will carry this service out in a professional and respectful manner.
- We will respect the confidentiality of any information you give us.
2. What We Expect From You
In using our services, you agree:
- You have the power to enter this contract on behalf of your organization.
- You will assign us a point of contact, reachable by email (and, if necessary, by phone).
- You will provide timely access to the persons and/or information we need to complete this project, when this access is needed.
- Your point of contact has the power to review our work, provide feedback and give approval in a speedy and timely manner.
- You will honor the payment terms in this Terms of Service.
3. Revisions Policy
Generally speaking, most projects occur in the following stages:
- Information gathering
- Writing & submitting an outline
- Client review & approval of outline
- Writing & submitting the first draft
- Submission of Final Draft
Revisions shall only happen within four (4) business days of submission of a full first draft. If revisions are required, you will receive a limit of two (2) rounds of revisions.
Any more revisions than the number above and/or beyond the number of business days mentioned above will be considered as a separate project and to be discussed, negotiated and charged appropriately.
If you cannot provide feedback for revisions within the window mentioned above, the work is considered complete and full payment is due.
4. Feedback Policy
Any and all feedback on the copy is to be made as comments on the Google document/sheet containing the copy.
To be clear, we will NOT accept:
- Feedback provided in video or audio format (e.g. Loom recordings, voice notes, etc.)
- Feedback provided in other text formats (e.g. social media messaging, file attachments, etc.)
- Getting on any kind of call to hear your feedback
And any other forms of feedback.
This is to make sure there is a clean & clear record of feedback and your project moves smoothly and within schedule.
Additionally, please be as specific and clear as possible in your feedback. Being vague and general does NOT help us help you.
Lastly, if we have not received any feedback or response from you via email for three (3) consecutive business days after submitting an outline or a first draft, we will consider this project abandoned and invoice you for the work done so far.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
It is agreed that the intellectual property rights for any work delivered to you remains with us until all fees due have been paid.
However, UnfairCopy LLC forever reserves the right to display and link to your completed project as part of our portfolio. If you would prefer that we do not, please notify us via email.
Payments may be made via:
- Major Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, and American Express)
- Automated Clearing House (ACH)
- Domestic Wire Transfer (U.S.)
- International Wire Transfer (Global)
You are required to pay the additional transfer fees for the payment method you choose on top of the total amount. As of this writing, those additional transfer fees are:
- Major Credit Card: 2.9% of total value
- Domestic Wire Transfer: 50 USD
- International Wire Transfer: 50 USD
7. 21-Day Money Back Guarantee Policy
We offer a 21-day satisfaction guarantee on our writing services.
As part of this policy, you have 21 calendar days after final submission before the sale of our services are final and non-refundable.
If you are unsatisfied with our services, then notify us by email within this 21-day period and we shall refund the fees charged for work done. Please note that upon sending this email, you forfeit the intellectual property rights of the work and those rights revert back to us. Therefore, you are NOT allowed to use the works for any purpose.
8. Cancellation Policy
You may terminate the project at any time.
In this instance, UnfairCopy LLC will invoice you for the time spent and work completed to date.
9. Liability, Release and Indemnity
We are not liable to you, or any third party, for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages which arise from our work.
It is solely your responsibility to ensure that any written content abides by all laws, regulations, regulatory bodies, commissions, rules, standards and other compliance measures that are applicable in your industry. Only you (or rather, your lawyer) know best about these things in your city, state and country.
If any provision of this Terms of Service shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.